Sunday, March 20, 2011

Getting the Pretty Back by Molly Ringwald


Again,  another book I picked up on a whim at the library.  (Our local library sure sees a lot of us these days.  Between going there by myself to get some much needed quiet time to taking the girls there for various activities and to fill up their library book bag our library card gets quite the workout.)  Anyways, back to the book.  When I picked up Getting the Pretty Back: Friendship, Family and Finding the Perfect Lipstick I wasn't sure what to expect.  I thought it was going to be another good autobiography I was going to enjoy.  I did think the book was a little thin for an autobiography and the font a bit big but oh well.  I was going to give it a shot.

The very first page was addressed to women age 40 and older.  I was like "Oh my, what have I gotten into."  I kept reading and finished the book in 2 days.  The font is really big and the book is filled with illustrations.   She did have some interesting stories about her family and accepting her changed body after having kids.  Overall though there wasn't much depth to the book, I was disappointed.

I would give this book a 2 out of 5 stars.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment