Sunday, July 10, 2011

Know Doubt by John Ortberg

One thing I love about our Friday morning Life Group at Hidden Valley Church is that we read such great books.  Know Doubt by John Ortberg is another good one. 

As an almost 30 year old who was introduced to God and faith at a very young age I thought that by now I wouldn't have anymore doubts about my faith and God.  That isn't true and John Ortberg explains that it's normal.  Page 31 says "If Christ spent an anguished night in prayer, if he burst out from the cross, 'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?' then surely we are permitted doubt."

He goes on to talk about the strange silence of God.  On page 107 it says this "If you don't feel close to God anymore - who moved?"  This really struck me.  There are times in my life when I feel alone.  Then I remember that it's not God's fault.  I withdrew and God is still there waiting for me.

I will definitely be recommending this book to anyone who is having doubts with their faith.

Another winner in my book.  I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment