Saturday, July 9, 2011

Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth

As you know I’m very fond of our local library and visit them on a pretty regular basis.  This is where I picked this one up. 

Once again I heard about this book when Oprah had the author on her show.  While I don’t remember what exactly they talked about I was still curious as to how the author could tie the three together – women, food and God by Geneen Roth.

The author frequently conducts workshops on how women relate to their food and why they eat.  Most of the context of the book comes the women that attended her workshops.  Which was a nice treat to hear from other women that have the same struggles with food that I do.  I read about women that didn’t think they were worth enough to eat right, women who didn’t trust themselves enough to make the right food choices and women who didn’t know how to put themselves first before their kids, husband and careers.  

I was disappointed that the author didn't talk more about God and the role that your spirituality plays in how you relate to food.  But overall it was an OK book.

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment