Friday, January 7, 2011

Cake Boss by Buddy Valastro

For Christmas Scott gave me the book Cake Boss – Stories and Recipes from Mia Famiglia by Buddy Valastro.  Scott knows that I have a passion for cake decorating and enjoy watching cake shows on TV.  I also enjoy a good autobiography.

What I liked about this book:
I found it very well written, thought out and easy to read.  I learned a lot about the family history of the Valastro family and how Carlo’s Bake Shop came to be.  I really like hearing Buddy’s point of view on how he dealt with the death of his beloved father, the leader of the family.  And how he became such a talented baker and cake decorator.

At the end of the book is a section of recipes of some of the items they sell in their shop in Hoboken, New Jersey.  I thought it was very nice of him to include recipes so those of us who may never make it to Hoboken, New Jersey can make Carlo’s Bake Shop pastries in our own kitchen.  I plan on trying out the Chocolate Chip Cookies and the Chocolate Cake.

I give this book a 5 out of 5 stars.

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment