Monday, January 24, 2011

Scream Free Parenting – The revolutionary approach to raising kids by keeping your cool. By Hal Edward Runkel, LMFT

As a mom it is my duty to give our girls my best, to do that I need to keep learning and growing as a parent.  Raising kids is really hard.  I never knew how hard it was going to be.  I had fantasies of everyone getting along, no sibling rivalry in our house.  The girls would be the best listeners, following every request with an “OK mom.”  The older the girls get the harder and more demanding being a parent becomes.

One thing I am doing to be the best parent God wants me to be is reading as much information as I can.  I’m always looking for tips and tricks to be the girls #1 influence. In the book Scream Free Parenting I discovered something not to many people talk about in order to give our kids the best.  Taking time to make sure my needs are met.  It was such a relief to read that in order to be the best parent I need to take care of myself first.

What I liked about the book:
The book offers many tips on how to remove the anger from a situation. Reminding the reader that adding fuel to the fire doesn’t help anyone.  I only wish the author had used my real life stories through out the book.

At the end of each chapter are 4-5 reflection questions.  I really enjoyed being able to think beyond what I just read and apply it to our own life. 


I would give the book 3 out of 5 stars.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment